Crested Butte has been host to the longest running bike festival in the country (over 30 years!) with Crested Butte Bike Week. This family friendly celebration attracts riders of all levels with every type of bike looking to explore the best of what Crested Butte has to offer.
Tons of fun biking events will take place all week. Some of the highlights include:
- Kick Off party & Chainless registration, Wednesday June 26th
- Free Bike Demos and Guided Rides, June 26-30
- KEEN Rippin Chix, Thursday June 27th and Friday June 28th Click HERE for more information
- Chainless Race, Friday June 28th
- Chainless Race After-Party, Friday June 28th
- Fat Tire 40, Saturday June 29th
- Bridges of The Butte, 3:00pm on June 29th to 3:00pm June 30th
»View the complete schedule
“Stay and Bike” lodging special for Crested Butte Bike Week
Stay and Bike for $103 per person!
-Queen or Twin Room for 2 people
-Full home-cooked, healthy breakfast for riding
-Mountain Bike Rentals for 2 people, which includes full suspension high end bikes
-Local Riding advice and maps
-Lodge with Bar and Hot Tub
-Great riding and Lodging right in town!
Call us at (800) 374-6521 for more information or to make your reservation.
Biking amenities at the Elk Mountain Lodge include:
- Bike storage room
- Bike stand, pump and washing station
- Guest town bikes
- Maps and books on local riding
- Friendly staff who bike and will offer good advice on nearby trails for all abilities
The 2013 Taste of Crested Butte (formerly known as Crested Butte Restaurant Week) takes place Jun 19 – 22, 2013 in Downtown Crested Butte.
Look for specials at participating Restaurants during the Taste of Crested Butte.
Step out and experience some local color at Friday night’s cocktail challenge. Bars and restaurants will feature their cocktail contenders all week in an effort to be one of two finalists in the Friday face-off. Arrive ready to sample, vote, and cheer on your favorite bartender as they put their skills to the test slinging some of CB’s finest spirits. Costumes encouraged – it’s sure to win you something in this town!
Saturday night, diners will participate in a progressive dinner. Your evening will begin in one of the town’s many parks with a welcome cocktail and gorgeous mountain views. While sipping Crested Butte featured cocktails, participants will be given a ticket revealing the first of three stops on their tour. Each subsequent course will be revealed by clue enabling diners to navigate from one fine dining experience to the next. Sign up as a single or bring a gang – there will be no shortage of friends and fun along the way.
Visit the Taste of Crested Butte website for more information or to purchase Special Event tickets.
Summer is just around the corner. Crested Butte packs in a full array of events and activities during the peak summer months of June, July, and August. So much to do… so little time!
From Mountain Biking to Summer Concerts and Festivals to Scenic Drives, there is something for everyone. To see a list of ideas for things to do during your next Crested Butte visit, go to the Summer Activities page.
Mark your calendar for these popular summer events:
- Crested Butte Restaurant Week (June 19 – 22, 2013)
- Crested Butte Bike Week (June 26 – 30, 2013)
- Alpenglow – Free Outdoor Concerts in the Park (Mondays, June 24 – Aug 5, 2013)
- Crested Butte Music Festival (Jun 30 – Aug 11, 2013)
- Crested Butte Farmers Market (Sundays, Jun 9 – Oct 13, 2013)
- 4th of July Celebration with Parade, Music, Fireworks!
- Crested Butte Wildflower Festival (July 8 – 14, 2013)
- Crested Butte Land Trust Wine & Food Festival (July 11 – 14, 2013)
- Living Journeys Summit Hike (July 27, 2013)
- Summer Art Walks (select Thursday evenings, June – September, 2013)
- Yoga Workshops, Teacher Training, and Retreats (June – Aug, 2013)
- AWEfest: Artists of the West Elk Art Displays (Select Sundays, July – Aug, 2013)
- Crested Butte Arts Festival (Aug 2 – 4, 2013)
And don’t forget to call the Elk Mountain Lodge when you are ready to book your Crested Butte lodging!
Call Toll Free: (800) 374-6521
Join us in Downtown Crested Butte for the Big Air on Elk competition Saturday, March 9. It’s a spectacular event with skiers and snowboarders spinning and turning flips above the rooftops of Elk Avenue to raise money for the Crested Butte Snowsports Foundation! The event takes place just a few blocks from the Elk Mountain Lodge.
Visit the Big Air on Elk Facebook page for more info.
See you there!
New this season, Crested Butte Mountain Resort and Telluride Ski Resort have teamed up to offer the Telluride – Crested Butte (TCB) Ultimate 6 Pass, a 6-visit pass good for 3 days of skiing and riding at Crested Butte and 3 days of skiing and riding at Telluride.
What a great way to try out 2 fabulous ski resorts in southwest Colorado!
The TCB Ultimate 6 Pass is available in limited quantities until January 31, 2013 exclusively through Liftopia.
»Purchase the Ultimate 6 Pass
New this year: Allegiant Air offers direct flights to Montrose, Colorado from the Phoenix, AZ and Oakland, CA areas on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Montrose is an easy one and a half hour scenic ground transfer to Crested Butte. Air fares start as low as $49.99 one-way. Visit the Allegiant Air website to make your reservation.
You can still fly to the Gunnison-Crested Butte (GUC) airport every day of the week on:
- United Airlines via Denver, CO or Houston, TX
- American Airlines via Dallas, TX
Or Delta flies direct to Montrose, CO via Atlanta, GA.
So what are you waiting for? Winter is here, it’s snowing like crazy, and you’re ready to hit the slopes.
Book your airfare and give us a call to make your reservation at the Elk Mountain Lodge for your next ski vacation in Crested Butte. (800) 374-6521
Get ready for the nordic skiing season at the Thanksgiving Camp in Crested Butte, Colorado! Beginning, intermediate, and advanced skate and classic clinics, as well as clinics for women only and Masters racers.
Start a new Thanksgiving tradition this year!
Call us for lodging rates. 800-374-6521
Visit the CB Nordic Center website to learn more about the nordic skiing camp.
Ready for the 2012 – 2013 skiing season. Lily Lake is groomed and anxious to ski!
Stay 2 nights and ski 2 days. Enjoy a King bed and lift ticket for only $281 per person (based on double occupancy).
Guest rooms feature one king bed and also include a full breakfast. Or substitute with a queen or twin beds for $261 per person.
Offer valid January 13 – 31, 2013
(Customize your stay with additional nights and/or lift tickets. Call (800) 374-6521.
Total Price: $562 King or $522 for a queen or twin room. Tax is not included.)
Take an extra 15% off already low prices this fall. Valid for all stays between Oct 7 and Oct 31, 2012. Call us to make your reservation.
(970) 349-7533 or Toll Free: (800) 374-6521